Easy Homemade Toffee
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Spread almonds in an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar vanilla and salt over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until butter has melted and mixture is almond brown in color, about 10-15 minutes.
Immediately spread the hot caramel mixture evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 1-2 minutes, spread the chocolate chips in an even layer until smooth. Sprinkle with pecans.
Let cool completely, about 2 hours. Break into pieces.
Cheesy Zucchini Tater Tots
- 1 Cup Peeled 1-2 potatoes, Shredded White Potato
- 2 Cups Shredded Zucchini 1-2 zucchini
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs - lightly beaten
- Small Pinch Salt/Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Thrive® Algae Oil for frying
- Use a large stand up grater to shred the zucchini and potatoes. Transfer to a cutting board lined with paper towels, place more paper towels on top and press down firmly to absorb any moisture. Transfer to large bowl then add shredded cheese and eggs. Stir gently until evenly coated with egg.
- Mix salt, pepper, flour, panko and garlic powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture while stirring.
- Mix breading ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Form zucchini mixture into tater tot shapes. (This recipe will make approximately 20 tots depending on size) Roll each tot in breading mixture until lightly coated. Transfer to cutting board or platter.
- In large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium for 5 minutes. Drop a small piece of zucchini in oil, once it gets a good sizzle the oil is ready.
- Fry tots in two batches so the pan does not get over crowded. Fry and rotate tots in oil until all sides are golden brown. Transfer fried tots to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and lemon zest.
- To make the Cajun Dip; mix sour cream, Cajun spice, lemon zest, hot sauce and worcestershire sauce to desired flavor and consistency.
These tots reheat well. Just wrap in foil and bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes.
If you prefer oven baked tots instead of fried, place prepared tots on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick then bake at 400°F for 25 minutes. Flip half way through.
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
By SARAH LIPOFF
There's no reason to get anxious about gift giving if you're a little short on cash this season. Gifts made from scratch not only show a genuine sense of the holiday spirit, but also allow for customization and creativity. Whip up a decadent (but cost-effective!) sugar scrub with a few candy canes, pour it into a retro glass jar, and you've got a savvy, chic, and fabulous holiday gift that everyone will love.
Full instructions can be found here: https://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Homemade-Candy-Cane-Body-Scrub-20784872.